- Handicrafts Information Guide
- Antique Wood Crafts
- Wood Furniture
- Garden Decoratives
- Wooden Corporate Gifts
- Wooden Decoratives
- Wood Kitchen Accessories
- Wood Shutters
- Wooden Toys & Games
- Wood Statues
- Wood Blinds
Welcome to the Online B2B Marketplace for Wooden Handicrafts Manufacturers, Suppliers, Wholesalers and Exporters. This directory of wood handicrafts and artifacts is the best platform for buyers and sellers dealing in wooden products
The exhaustive list of Wood Craft Suppliers provides you with the short profile of each of the listed member and the products in which the company deals. You can instantly contact the member with the help of contact information that includes address, phone numbers and website link of the suppliers. The great thing here is that- it all comes free! You don't have to pay for any information provided on this website. For quick business deals, you can refer to the Wood Crafts Trade Leads having a lots of buy and sell offers. If, anyway, you don't find the suppliers in these sections according to your business needs, we also give you the option for posting your requirements by just filling in a simple form. You will get a quick and genuine response to all your trade queries. Just go ahead and experience the comfort of smooth and hassle free online business in wooden handicrafts.
Wooden Armoire Designs!
10 Oct 2011-Wooden armoire or wooden almirah is one of the furniture without which a home is incomplete. You require these armoires in various forms for different purposes...
» Decorating Wall, Wall Decor Ideas- Photo Gallery
» Wooden Trays- For Decoration and Serving in Style
» Wood Kitchen Utensils- Photo Gallery
» Wooden Candle Holders- Photo Gallery
Photo Gallery Archive »
A lot of skill and hard work goes into every piece of Indian wooden handicraft. It mirrors Indian culture, and each handicraft is a masterpiece in its own right. Let's take a peek at the actual process which goes into creating a piece of wooden handicraft.
- Raw wood available in the form of logs is cut into planks of desired thickness and length.
- The piece of wood is then seasoned to obtain a texture which is favorable for carving.
- Decorative patterns are first drawn on the wood with a pencil.
- The design is then carved into the wood with a carving tool.
- Craftsmen inlay the wooden handicraft with metal, bone, or wood which gives off a contrast effect, enhancing the intricacies of the carved design.
- Different pieces of carved wood are joined together to make complete, functional objects.
- A protective coating is applied with a suitable wood finish.
Wood carving is a time consuming process. The time needed by Indian craftsmen to create carved wooden handicrafts may range anywhere from a week (for small items) to a few months (for large items which require elaborate carving techniques).
Indian craftsmen have a wide range of tools at their disposal, depending on the stage of production. Some of them are as follows :
- Saws : Powered by an electric motor, Band saws are used to cut off scrap wood effortlessly. Chain saws are used to cut logs for large carvings.
- Drills are primarily used to drill holes, and they are available with several attachments to perform sanding, sawing, mixing paint etc.
- Lathes are used to turn wood. They are used to make spherical, cylindrical or round objects. They are handy while making vases, bowls, and plates.
- Primarily used for whittling and chip carving, Carving knives are also used to make the surface of the wood smooth.
- Wood-carving chisels have a sharp flat edge which is used to cut into the wood. They are available in bent, straight, and spoon shapes.
- U-gouges have curved cutting edges which form a 'u' shape, hence the name. Craftsmen use them to remove large pieces of unwanted wood, to define large shapes, and to round out the edges.
- Also known as parting tools, V-gouges are used to cut fine lines. They are used for outlining while carving intricate patterns.
» Types of Wood Finishes - A Comparison of Benefits and Disadvantages
19 Oct 2011- We all know that wood finishes are good for protecting our wooden furniture and handicrafts. However, whenever buying wood finishes, most of the people get confused about the benefits of different types of wood finishes...