- Handicrafts Information Guide
- Antique Wood Crafts
- Wood Furniture
- Garden Decoratives
- Wooden Corporate Gifts
- Wooden Decoratives
- Wood Kitchen Accessories
- Wood Shutters
- Wooden Toys & Games
- Wood Statues
- Wood Blinds
Welcome to the Online B2B Marketplace for Wooden Handicrafts Manufacturers, Suppliers, Wholesalers and Exporters. This directory of wood handicrafts and artifacts is the best platform for buyers and sellers dealing in wooden products
The exhaustive list of Wood Craft Suppliers provides you with the short profile of each of the listed member and the products in which the company deals. You can instantly contact the member with the help of contact information that includes address, phone numbers and website link of the suppliers. The great thing here is that- it all comes free! You don't have to pay for any information provided on this website. For quick business deals, you can refer to the Wood Crafts Trade Leads having a lots of buy and sell offers. If, anyway, you don't find the suppliers in these sections according to your business needs, we also give you the option for posting your requirements by just filling in a simple form. You will get a quick and genuine response to all your trade queries. Just go ahead and experience the comfort of smooth and hassle free online business in wooden handicrafts.
Wooden Armoire Designs!
10 Oct 2011-Wooden armoire or wooden almirah is one of the furniture without which a home is incomplete. You require these armoires in various forms for different purposes...
» Decorating Wall, Wall Decor Ideas- Photo Gallery
» Wooden Trays- For Decoration and Serving in Style
» Wood Kitchen Utensils- Photo Gallery
» Wooden Candle Holders- Photo Gallery
Photo Gallery Archive »
Factors That Affect Growth
Though India is one of the chief suppliers of wooden handicrafts in the world market, its share in world imports is fairly insignificant. Mass existence of craftsmen combined with an excellent production base have failed to aid India towards cashing on the existing opportunities.
There are a number of factors that affect the growth of the Indian wooden handicraft sector.
They are :
- The Indian handicrafts industry is a decentralized one. As a result, the products are not sufficiently remunerative. The artisans work on a part-time basis, while taking up other means of alternate options of livelihood.
- Production of wooden handicrafts in India is chiefly dependent on the raw materials available locally. Deforestation comes across as one of the main reasons for the setback in production levels of wooden handicrafts.
- The wooden handicrafts sector is based in rural India where lack of proper infrastructure and working capital is a major cause for concern. Weak infrastructure leads to delay in delivery and affects the quality of finished products.
- The Indian wooden handicrafts sector is plagued by poor marketing strategies. Craftsmen are not independent enough to resort to direct marketing of their own products. As a result, they are unable to handle the threat to their industry from machine-made products.
- Most of the craftsmen in the wooden handicraft sector live below the poverty line, and are illiterate. They are also ignorant of the benefits bestowed on them by the Government.
- Wooden handicrafts are sold at least three to four times the price paid to the craftsmen. Improper pricing mechanisms, and the intervention of middlemen deprive the artisans from getting their due.
» Types of Wood Finishes - A Comparison of Benefits and Disadvantages
19 Oct 2011- We all know that wood finishes are good for protecting our wooden furniture and handicrafts. However, whenever buying wood finishes, most of the people get confused about the benefits of different types of wood finishes...