- Handicrafts Information Guide
- Antique Wood Crafts
- Wood Furniture
- Garden Decoratives
- Wooden Corporate Gifts
- Wooden Decoratives
- Wood Kitchen Accessories
- Wood Shutters
- Wooden Toys & Games
- Wood Statues
- Wood Blinds
Welcome to the Online B2B Marketplace for Wooden Handicrafts Manufacturers, Suppliers, Wholesalers and Exporters. This directory of wood handicrafts and artifacts is the best platform for buyers and sellers dealing in wooden products
The exhaustive list of Wood Craft Suppliers provides you with the short profile of each of the listed member and the products in which the company deals. You can instantly contact the member with the help of contact information that includes address, phone numbers and website link of the suppliers. The great thing here is that- it all comes free! You don't have to pay for any information provided on this website. For quick business deals, you can refer to the Wood Crafts Trade Leads having a lots of buy and sell offers. If, anyway, you don't find the suppliers in these sections according to your business needs, we also give you the option for posting your requirements by just filling in a simple form. You will get a quick and genuine response to all your trade queries. Just go ahead and experience the comfort of smooth and hassle free online business in wooden handicrafts.
Wooden Armoire Designs!
10 Oct 2011-Wooden armoire or wooden almirah is one of the furniture without which a home is incomplete. You require these armoires in various forms for different purposes...
» Decorating Wall, Wall Decor Ideas- Photo Gallery
» Wooden Trays- For Decoration and Serving in Style
» Wood Kitchen Utensils- Photo Gallery
» Wooden Candle Holders- Photo Gallery
Photo Gallery Archive »
How to Choose the Right Wood Finish
Author: Deepa Roy
22 february 2011- You are all set to start with your DIY project for wood finishing! Read on these tips to help you with the proper selection of wood finishes for the results you want.
- Decide on such issues as to how the wooden product will be used? Whether it will be exposed to water, moisture or other such elements? Do you want the wood finish to be transparent, semitransparent, or opaque?
- Depending upon your requirements, buy the appropriate finish. For this, you must know the basics of wood finishes. Clear finishes give transparent looks and include varnish, polyurethane, lacquer, water-based and shellac. Opaque finishes are paints, which come in various colors.
- Always read the information on the package label for additional help in selecting the right finish. Look at the finished samples available at many stores to get an idea of what the finish will look like.
- For exterior wood surfaces like siding and fascia boards, use a paint that is labeled for exterior use and preferably contains a fungicide.
- If you want to change the color of raw wood, use a wood stain. Wood stains also make inexpensive wood, such as pine, look more expensive (like cherry, oak, or mahogany)
- If you want a weatherproof finish such as for outdoor wood furniture, use wood stains made with sealers.
- Give thick finishes to the furniture in high-moisture or high-traffic areas. Examples of such furniture include your garden furniture or living room furniture. To get a thicker finish, go for wood varnish, polyurethane, lacquer, water-based finishes, shellac or paint. These can be applied in several layers on the wood surface. Oil finishes cannot build up layers and leave the wood surface more natural-looking.
- To bring out the beauty and the grain in wood, use oil finishes. They work more efficiently on hardwoods such as red oak, maple, cherry, and walnut.
- Use linseed oil finish only on interior projects and for restoring wood furniture with an existing linseed finish. You will find both- regular and boiled linseed oil. Use boiled linseed oil if you want shorter drying time.
- If you are finishing a wooden craft that has not been finished previously, you can use either danish or teak oils. Danish oil has comparatively low luster than teak oil.
- For non-toxic wood finish, like for butcher blocks or wooden toys, use mineral oil.
- For articles that are more exposed to moisture, use tung oil finish.
- For slightly glossy or flat appearance, use wax finish.
Wood Finish Tips
Article Source: Articlesbase
About the Author
DeepaRC is a textile and interior decor professional who has a vast experience in these fields. Apart from textile and home decor, she takes interest in varied subjects like health, writing and management skills. The readers are recommended to read more about wooden handicrafts and decor at Wooden Handicrafts, the B2b marketplace for wooden handicrafts
- How to Take Care of Wood Handicrafts?
- Taking Care of Wooden Furniture
- How to Refinish a Wooden Antique Chair?
» Types of Wood Finishes - A Comparison of Benefits and Disadvantages
19 Oct 2011- We all know that wood finishes are good for protecting our wooden furniture and handicrafts. However, whenever buying wood finishes, most of the people get confused about the benefits of different types of wood finishes...